Thu04Jun202016 h 00 minWebinar
Members only webinar: Transatlantic Trade Update: Trade Post-Covid19 – A Look AheadEVENTS, Finance
We will bring together Lucinda Creighton, CEO, Vulcan Consulting and EU Trade Expert and Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC for a fire-side chat moderated by John Foley of Reuters News to discuss: The impact on transatlantic trade both in the EU and US, Short term impact on multifaceted supply chains; Supply chain de-risking measures; globalization measures; the pandemics impact on flow of services.
Join us for a program on Trans-Atlantic trade, how it is affected by Covic19 and how Trade will change going forward. The panelists will discuss issue such as:
● The economic impact on both the EU and US
● Short term impact on multifaceted supply chains as the pandemic continues
● Supply chain de-risking measures
● Will there be a trend towards domestic champions, if so which industries are most likely effect and will there be opportunity for investment & growth?
● What will be the effects of the drastic measures take in the EU on the single markets
● What can businesses do in response to continuing policy and economic turbulence?
● The impact on flow of services - e.g. in education (Chinese students etc), financial services, tourism etc.
● Will this present opportunities for greater EU/US collaboration to accelerate alternatives to Chinese technologies or will both continents go it alone?
We will also explore the fact that the US and EU have tremendous market scale and maintain elements of shared business culture and openness. Only three other markets globally are of USD5 trillion or greater: China, Japan and CPTPP, and ASEAN. Are there gains to be had from removing specific impediments to trade on the EU-US trade corridor?
This is a discussion you don’t want to miss!
● Lucinda Creighton, Chief Executive Officer, VULCAN CONSULTING Ltd.
● Doug Lippoldt, Chief Trade Economist, HSBC
● John Sinclair Foley, U.S. editor, REUTERS BREAKINGVIEWS [Moderator]
This free Webinar is for EACC-Members Only
Registration closes June 2 - COB