Managing Cross Border Investigations during a Pandemic
As Europe and the United States work their way through the COVID-19 pandemic, the lingering shutdowns continue to have a significant and, in some cases, an increasingly halting effect on cross-border investigations. Our experts from both sides of the Atlantic will discuss the regulatory developments and practical considerations in addressing challenges.
Recent Developments in internal & government investigations on both sides of the Atlantic:
● US logistical trends & challenges and the type of cases we are seeing (in-person meeting/Grand Jury Appearances)
● Developments in the EU, including the Schrems II ruling on privacy shield and its effects on data management; a new bill in German courts
● The new anti-corruption provisions in Italy and case law on corporate criminal liability of foreign companies
Practical Aspect & how cross-border Investigations have changed due to the Covid pandemic: Investigations, Planning and Preparedness
● Legal & practical concerns on zoom (and other platforms) meetings
● Witness Interviews (interviewing tactics/technology issues)
This is a program not to be missed! You will leave with a new understanding and appreciation of the emerging European-American dynamic for handling investigations that straddle the Atlantic.
● Jonathan Halpern, Partner, HOLLAND & KNIGHT
● Ilaria Curti, Counsel, PORTOLANO CAVALLO
● Bärbel Sachs, Partner, NOERR
● Colleen Casey Voshell, Senior Managing Director, FTI CONSULTING [Moderator]
This webinar is free for EACCNY Members and EACCNY non-members.