Aerospace’s recovery: A discussion on strategic value chains and the path forward
Wednesday, March 3, 18:00 – 19:30 CET (12:00pm – 1:30pm EST)
Aerospace companies are facing a multitude of challenges with a devastated industry from COVID-19 reverberations on the global economy. In a live online panel discussion, export managers from southwest France will address key issues:
- How companies will resuscitate and recover
- What are some of the options for the future?
- Revisiting export strategies/policies to sustain the longer term
The webinar is a joint project between EACC Southwest and the TBS Marketing Management program. Master’s students organized the event with the support of mentors Claude Rodier and Marc Raynal.
Questions to panelists include:
1. What has been the impact on export sales?
2. If aviation traffic is expected to get back to pre-COVID levels only by 2024 and order bookings have slowed down, what are the recovery plans?
3. How is the French government helping the aerospace industry? What measures is the government taking?
4. How will a carbon-neutral strategy impact exports in the short and middle term?
When: Wednesday, March 3, 18:00 – 19:30 CET (12:00pm – 1:30pm EST)
Keynote – 18:00
Panel discussion, Q&A – 18:15
Participants will be asked to share their experience/assessment of the current situation and solutions.
FREE for non-members
Xavier Tytelman on “Future opportunities and innovations: eVTOL, delivery drones and electric commuters.”
Tytelman is a former military pilot in the French navy, and an expert on aviation security. He founded Aviation NXT, an aviation consultancy for commercial airlines with an emphasis on reducing the carbon footprint, innovation, market studies and strategy). He founded the Centre de Traitement de la Peur de L’Avion (center for treatment for fear of flying) and cowrote “Je n’ai pas peur de l’avion” (I am not scared of flying).
Dr. Christopher Benaroya is the moderator. He is the director of Aerospace MBA Programs and professor of marketing at TBS (Toulouse Business School), and heads the Aerospace and Mobility Center of Excellence. He holds a PhD in management focused on marketing.
Murali Varadarajan is Senior Vice President and Head of Operations of Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL). He is responsible for the Integrated Terminal Operations of T2 & T1 and Corporate Aviation Terminal. He is currently on a sabbatical, pursuing an Advanced Masters in Airport Management at ENAC.